To promote a product or service, a video has become almost a necessity, especially if the advertising campaign involves social networks and YouTube. The latter site only requires the format of video content, with a minimum amount of text.
A conditional disadvantage of a video as a promotion tool is only the high cost and complexity of production in comparison with conventional visualization. The animated video explainer is of great importance. But in 90% of cases, the costs are covered by the profit from sales, if the advertising video is well-designed and beautifully filmed. To create a high-quality video, you need to clearly formulate the goal and adhere to simple rules.
1. Defining the goal and objectives for video content
'A well-formulated question is halfway resolved,' marketers sometimes say when it comes to formulating a goal and objective for any content. This has its own logic, because in order to achieve the goal, it is imperative to assess its reality and determine the stages of work.
Objectively, setting goals and objectives is the basis of any promotion strategy. As an example, you can define a simple goal with general overtones and minimal detail:
- Popularization of the brand in a highly competitive environment.
- Increase in the share of sales.
- Increased traffic CTR.
- Presentation of a new product.
When formulating a goal, you need to take into account the channels for placing video content and the characteristics of each site for publication.
2. Choosing a typical genre for video
After formulating the goal, you can begin to determine the genre orientation of the video content. Given the sheer volume of videos and ever-changing rules, it is problematic to name all types of videos, but there are certain standard solutions worth knowing about:
- Educational videos. A promising video content format that is rapidly expanding the consumer niche due to a high percentage of useful information for the consumer and a small share of advertising links.
- Video with user reviews. Positive reviews have a positive effect on increasing sales, especially when the character of the video operates with 'live' comparisons and factual evidence of the benefits of the advertised product.
- Informational or image videos. An excellent tool for popularizing a brand in conditions of tough competition and an overabundance of offers.
- Selling video. The classic type of video content with the inclusion of a large number of call-to-action phrases: buy, become a member, register, and so on.
An example of each type of video can be viewed on the YouTube channel. To do this, you only need to correctly formulate a search query that corresponds to the peculiarities of the presented genre.
3. Choosing the length of the video
The length of the video sequence is a very important characteristic for any type of video, since the timing affects the setting of the plot. You cannot fit in a 5 minute video tutorial for fixing all laptop breakdowns or growing garden plants.
To determine the duration, you can see examples of videos in a similar topic and calculate the timing based on the amount of necessary facts for demonstration in the video.
4. Scenario development
The scenario plan fixes the stages and sequence of the video series in a certain logical chain. If the video uses the dialogues of two or more characters, you need to write texts and determine the approximate frame-by-frame arrangement of each character: how he will stand, what he will say and how he will look.
In short instructional videos, the main thing is to think through the text part and prioritize the information. In informational or image stories, the scenario plan includes many more stages: frame-by-frame planning, positioning of heroes, setting the theme and detailing the actions of the participating characters.
5. Editing video using a specialized platform
After the development of working versions of the video sequence, you need to assemble the final product into a complete video. To do this, you can use any video maker suitable for options and capabilities. Even on free video editing platforms, you can create a decent video with direct links to the advertiser's website.
A typical storyboard template and video content processor will help you create a simple instructional or informational video for posting on social media or YouTube.
There are top explainer video companies that can help you create quality videos. Our company is one of them.